(Last updated August, 2018)
This Policy and any other documents referred to in it explain:
• Information we collect about you
• Legal bases for processing your information
• How we use your information
• Our promotional updates and communications
• Where we store your information
• How long we keep your information
• Cookies and other technologies
• Who we give your information to
• How we protect your information
• Changing your information or closing your account
• Child safety
• European Union residents
• Changes to this policy
• Your rights
• Contact us
1. The Information we collect about you
Information You Provide About a Third Party: If you send someone else a communication from the Services, we may collect information such as that person’s name, telephone number, email, and/or shipping address.
From Third Party Sources: We may acquire information from other sources to update or supplement the information that you provide or that we collect automatically (such as information to validate or update your address or other demographic information), or when you connect with the company through a third party (including through social networks) based on your registration and privacy settings on those third party sites.
Combination of Information: We may combine the information we receive from or about you, including information you provide to us and information we automatically collect through the Site, as well as information across other computers or devices that you use, with information we collect or receive about you from other online and offline sources, or from other third party sources.
2.What are my Tracking Options?
- Strictly Necessary Cookies – These cookies are essential to enabling you to browse and use the functionality of a website and without them the Services cannot be provided. We use these cookies, among other things, to recognize and maintain your logged-in status throughout your visit and manage your shopping bag.
- Performance Cookies – These cookies collect information about how visitors use the Services, for example, pages that they visit and if they receive error messages. This information does not identify you individually and is used in the aggregate to improve our Services.
- Functionality Cookies – These cookies allow us to remember certain choices you make about how you like to use the Services and provide you a more personalized experience, for example, your shipping country and currency preferences.
- Targeting Cookies – These cookies are used to deliver online advertisements that are relevant to you and your interests and to measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. They may be placed on the Services by us or by our advertising partners with our permission. For more on targeting cookies and your ability to control their use, please see the Internet-based Advertising section below.
To understand your choices for receiving more relevant advertising or to manage your settings, please review the information below:
If you wish to prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, Google has developed the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
We or our service providers may also use Flash cookies (also known as Local Stored Objects) or other similar technologies. A Flash cookie is a small data file placed on a computer using Adobe Flash or similar technology that may be built into your computer or downloaded or installed by you on your computer. We use these technologies to personalize and enhance your online experience, facilitate processes, and personalize and store your settings. Flash cookies may help our website visitors to, for example, set volume preference associated with a video experience, play games and perform surveys. They help us improve our websites by measuring which areas are of greatest interest to customers. They may be recognized by other websites or by our marketing or business partners. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies and the cookie management tools provided by your browser may not remove Flash cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies, visit http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/ flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html. If you disable Flash cookies or other similar technologies, please be aware that you may not have access to certain features and services that make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
3. How we use your information?
We will use this information in our legitimate interests, where we have considered these are not overridden by your rights:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To keep our site safe and secure.
- For measuring or understanding the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To keep you informed about products and services similar to the ones you subscribe to.
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- Internal research: Cookies (which are discussed further below) and the other information we automatically track are used to help us better understand how our audience uses our site as well as for internal research on users’ demographics and interests.
4.What information does the Company share with others?
The Company may share personal information we collect from and about you in the following ways:
Company Affiliates: We may share collected information within, the Company’s affiliated companies, and any future additions to the Company’s family of affiliated companies.
Co-Marketing Partners: Certain areas of the Services may be provided to you in association with third parties, such as companies that provide products and services, rewards programs, conduct joint sales program, sweepstakes, promotional campaigns, and other jointly sponsored events. Such Services will identify the third party. If you elect to register for any products and/or services provided during the Services, you either will be providing your information to both the Company and such third party, or the Company might share your information directly with such third party for that third party to fulfill their products and our products and services directly with you.
Other Third Parties: The Company may share your information with select partners, affiliates, and other third parties that we believe may have offers or be of interest to you.
Service Providers: We use third-party service providers to perform certain services on our behalf when the information is necessary for them to perform their duties.
Aggregate or Anonymous Non-Personal Information: We may also share or sell non-identifiable aggregate or anonymous information with our affiliates, agents, service providers, business partners, or other third parties for their marketing or analytics uses or for other lawful purposes. This type of non-identifiable and aggregate information cannot be used to identify you personally.
5. How can I view, update or remove my information?
If you have made a purchase, you can also contact our Customer Service Department at the email address listed in the “Contact Us” section below to access or update any of this information.
You may also exercise your rights, subject to applicable laws, to request that we delete or restrict access to your personal data. We may need to retain data for legally permitted purposes and this will be explained to you if necessary.
Below you’ll find the types of cookies that we set when you visit the site and their purpose. To help you better understand why we’re setting them, we’ve used the categories and definitions set by the International Chamber of Commerce (“ICC”):
- Strictly Necessary: cookies that enable the services that you have specifically asked or paid for;
- Performance: cookies that collect information on how visitors use our site including the pages visited and most frequented as well as the sources of our traffic. They are used to help us improve how the site works;
- Functionality: cookies that help us remember the choices you have made so we can provide you with a more personalised experience; and
- Advertising: cookies used to deliver more relevant ads, and to make sure you don’t see the same adverts over and over again.
7. Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may request information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties or affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes of personal information to third parties or corporate affiliates for their direct marketing purposes. To make such request, please submit a written request to the following email address specifying that you want a copy of the Company’s “California Privacy Rights” notice: email@example.com. Please include “Attn: California Privacy” in the subject line. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information. Please allow up to 30 days for us to process your request. You may submit such a request once per year.
Non-affiliated third parties are independent from the Company and if you wish to receive information about your disclosure choices or stop communications from such third parties, you will need to contact those non-affiliated third parties directly.
8. What about children’s privacy?
Protecting the safety of children when they use the internet is important to us.
The site is intended for use only by persons who are at least 13 years of age. By using this site, you confirm to us that you meet this requirement. If you are aged 13 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to our website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
If you are under the age of 13 your parent or guardian must consent on your behalf where we ask for consent in relation to the use of your information.
9. How We Protect Your Information
We take the security of your information seriously, and use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your information against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage. We also limit access to information about you t employees who reasonably need access to it to provide products and services to you, or in order to do their jobs. However, because no security can be 100% effective, we cannot completely guarantee the security of any information we have collected from you.
10. Retention of Your Information
We retain the information we collect about and from you for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose we collected it for and for the purpose of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information we process, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your information, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. In some circumstances we may choose to aggregate and de-identify you information in such a way that you may not reasonably be re-identified by us or any other company in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
11. How does the Company communicate changes to this Policy?